Download Full Text (5.9 MB)


Samples from the timeline

May 10, 1887: The Electric Light Company are stringing a wire to the residence of Dr. Nealley on Harlow Street. It will be used to run the first electric motor installed in this City.

March 11, 1889: The Bangor Electric Light & Power Company now talk quite seriously of removing their entire plant to Veazie early this Spring, and there to run by water power in the future.

All content originally appeared in the Bangor Daily Commercial. Compiler of this timeline is not identified. Item was found in the collected papers of Edward M. Graham, former President of Bangor Hydro Electric Company. Edward's father, John, also served as president of the company.

Publication Date



Bangor Hydro Electric Company


Bangor, Maine


Bangor Hydro Electric Company, Bangor Hydro Electric Company history, electric power history, Bangor Maine history

Timeline of Bangor Hydro Electric Company Activities from 1887 to 1890



Rights Statement

Rights Statement

No Copyright - United States. URI:
The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.