Download Full Text (27.0 MB)
The 320th Engineer Battalion was activated as part of the 95th Infantry Division on July 15, 1942, at Camp Swift, Texas. The enlisted cadre for the Division was furnished by the 7th Infantry Division. The officer cadre had been drawn from many organizations and received refresher courses before reporting to the Division. Additional officers were received direct from Officer Candidate Schools. Maj. Gen. Harry L. Twaddle came from the War Department G-3 to take command of the Division. Lt. Col. Leland B. Kuhre came from the St. Louis Engineer District to command the 320th Engineer Battalion.
United States Navy, World War 1939-1945, Regimental Histories, 320th Engineer Battalion
United States Army, "320th Engineer Battalion, 1942-1945" (1945). World War Regimental Histories. 77.
No Copyright - Other Known Legal Restrictions. URI: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-OKLR/1.0/
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights. In one or more jurisdictions, laws other than copyright are known to impose restrictions on the use of this Item. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.