Download Full Text (12.3 MB)


Provides an extensive description of the Park Street Substation for the Bangor Hydro Electric Company. At the time, the substation controlled all the lighting power and railway service in the cities of Bangor and Brewer and the towns of Hampden, Orrington, Newburg, Dixmont, Hermon, Levant, Etna, Carmel, Kenduskeag, Glenburn, Corinth, and Charleston. These services were to be in the near future extended to Garland, Exeter, and Bradford. The substation was also the headquarters for the Line Crew of the Bangor district, the Meter Department, and the Electrician's Crew.

Also includes profiles of employees Arthur L. Davis and Charles H. Johnson, a legendary figure in the history of the company.

Publication Date



Bangor Hydro-Electric Company


Bangor, Maine


Bangor Hydro Electric Company, Employee Photographs, Electric Power History Maine

Bangor Hydro Electric News: April 1928, Volume 1, No.5



Rights Statement

Rights Statement

No Copyright - United States. URI:
The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.